Childbirth education sets you up for a smoother experience of labor and birth. It is easier to meet the intensity of labor with confidence and calm if you know what to expect.
This five-week series is perfect for families planning on home or birth center births. You will learn the tools you need to be confident and connected throughout the birthing process, and will be in community with other expecting families.
You will learn about:
- Anatomy and physiology of labor
- Ways to support your comfort and coping during labor
- Positions and massage techniques to use by yourself or with a partner
- How to push effectively
- When hospital care might be necessary and what that looks like
- Preparing for postpartum changes and challenges
- Breastfeeding tips and techniques
- Caring for your newborn
Classes are held from 7:00 – 9:00pm at Oakland Birth & Wellness at 5735 Shattuck Ave, Oakland.
Space is limited to 5 couples.
Next Class Series: 5 Consecutive Tuesdays starting on July 24th through August 21st.
If I do not have an option for a group class that meets your needs, please be in touch about scheduling a private, 4 hour in home session.