FULL-SPECTRUM MIDWIFERY CARE
for families planning a homebirth
With full-spectrum midwifery care, you have access to a midwife 24/7 through your pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
During hour-long prenatal visits, we will complete clinical assessments of you and your baby and spend time caring for the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of you and your family in preparation for the arrival of its newest member.
- Prenatal visits on a standard schedule in your home
- Clinical assessment of you and your baby
- Blood draws for labwork*
- Referrals for ultrasound*
- Referrals to other care modalities (i.e. chiropractic, acupuncture) as necessary
- Practical and individualized support to nourish and care for your body
- Education on pertinent topics (i.e. genetic testing, safe practices in pregnancy, CDC recommendations for pregnancy)
- Time to address your concerns and questions
* Labwork processing and specialist fees are billed through insurance, not covered in the midwifery fee.
When you have reached full term (37-42 weeks), we prepare for your labor and birth to happen at home, so long as you remain a healthy candidate.
- Check-ins on the phone and in-person throughout early labor
- Clinical assessment and support throughout active labor and early postpartum
- A second licensed midwife to assist at the time of birth
- Newborn exam, including treatments agreed to by parents
- Appropriate emergency care if necessary (i.e. O2 administration, IV fluids, antihemorrhagic medication, resuscitation of the newborn) and transport to hospital if needed. In the case of transport to a hospital, I will be by your side throughout the process.
Included in your midwifery care are 6 weeks of extensive at-home postpartum care for you and your baby.
- Visits at 24 hours, 48 hours, 1, 2, 4 and 6 weeks, with additional visits as needed
- Monitoring your health and healing
- Breastfeeding support
- Well-baby exams and screening
- Emotional support and helping you connect with other families if you desire
Are you interested in exploring whether we’re a good fit for full-spectrum midwifery care?
HYBRID MIDWIFERY CARE
for families planning a hospital birth
With hybrid midwifery care, you receive all of the above-mentioned services while planning to birth at the hospital. Families choosing hybrid care will often be supported by an obstetrician as well, who will be their liaison to the hospital.
This is a great option for families who are drawn to the personalized care of midwifery, but feel more comfortable giving birth in a hospital, as well as families who are ineligible for homebirth due to risk factors.