Childbirth education sets you up for a smoother experience of labor and birth. It is difficult to meet the intensity of labor with ease and calm if you don't know what to expect.
This five-week series is perfect for families planning on home or birth center births. You will learn the tools you need to be confident and connected throughout the birthing process, and will be in community with other expecting families.
You will learn about:
- What’s happening in your body during labor
- How to be more comfortable during labor
- How to work with pain
- Positions and massage techniques to use by yourself or with a partner
- How to push effectively
- When hospital care might be necessary and what that looks like
- Preparing for postpartum changes and challenges
- Breastfeeding tips and techniques
- Caring for your newborn
Classes are held from 7:00 – 9:00pm at Pacifica Family Maternity Center in Berkeley.
Space is limited to 6 couples.
(Pacifica is a birth center and occasionally a family may be in the process of birthing their baby during class time. Very exciting!)